Thursday, February 7, 2013

Whole 30 Round II Results

Okay, So Bob and I successfully finished Whole 30 with no cheats! I was kind of surprised by my results this time around. Eating strict was even easier and I didn’t suffer from the carb withdrawal symptoms like I did in September. I feel like I ate even better if that’s possible. For example, I ate a lot more vegetables and a lot less nuts. I did get stronger. I broke 3 pretty big PRs. My skin got clearer or at least I had been told a few times that I had a “glow”. One woman who I had never met before, told me she was convinced that I was pregnant (I’m not), because I was glowing and had “such a calmness” about me. What I am surprised about is that I only lost 3lbs. Considering I gained 6lbs between the end of the last Whole 30 challenge and the beginning of this one, I am very surprised I only lost 3lbs. At the very least, I thought I’d lose 6. I did start to weigh myself regularly after 10 days, which you are not supposed to do, so the pressure I put on myself over a number may have kept me from losing more weight. On the other hand, when I look at the before and after pictures I think it looks like I lost more than 3lbs. I think I may even look leaner than the after pictures from the first round of Whole30. What do you think? Maybe we shouldn’t get so hung up on the number on the scale (which is one of the main reasons you are not supposed to weigh yourself during the program).



 




The bottom two pictures are the before picture from my first Whole 30 challenge in September 2012 and the after picture from my second Whole 30 challenge in February 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment