Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 4 Update

It’s near the end of day four and I was just going to give a little update. I feel like this round of Whole30 is going a little smoother for me. I haven’t experienced any headache or severe fatigue or just general hatred for everything and anything like I had at this point in Whole30 last time. I am not exactly sure why I haven’t been experiencing carb withdrawal symptoms considering the amounts of chocolate and adult beverages I was consuming almost daily leading up to day 1 of our Whole30. It has probably helped that I have been keeping myself very distracted.

On Friday night (Day 2) Bob and I went to a concert and then yesterday (Day 3) we went to Six Flags Magic Mountain. We ate a pretty substantial protein and fat packed breakfast before heading up to Magic Mountain. We brought some carrots, nuts, and oranges with us, intending on snacking throughout the day. We hardly broke into the nuts and carrots and didn’t get to the oranges. We were pretty distracted by all the fun! By the time the park closed at 6pm we were pretty hungry.  We ate dinner at a nearby Souplantation. Souplantation is one of the very few restaurants I would feel comfortable eating at during Whole30. For those of you who are unfamiliar, it’s basically a salad bar. They have a bunch of other soups, breads, fruits, and desserts as well, but we just stuck with the salad bar obviously. I filled one plate with lettuce and raw vegetables and dressed it with olive oil and vinegar. I filled another plate with boiled egg and tomatoes -- topped with black pepper and vinegar. If you can come up with some plans at the beginning of your Whole30 that are fun and stress-free to keep you happily busy, it may distract you from the initial ickiness and carb-withdrawal symptoms.

Anyway, Bob hasn’t had as smooth of a time as I have thus far. He’s had a headache since day 2. He was also incredibly grumpy on the second morning of our challenge! He came home early in the afternoon and was pretty upset that we didn’t have onion (a staple in almost all of our cooking). That’s Whole30 101 folks! Make sure you HAVE food! We weren’t the best at preparing before we started! Whoops, so Bob had to go to the store and go shopping (while starving), then come home and cook, before he could eat! We all know that sucks! Try not to let that happen to you! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment