Thursday, January 3, 2013

Whole 30 Round II

Bob and I are excited to start our second Whole30 today, after too many holiday cheats. We went to a lot of holiday parties, Christmas themed bar-hops, and birthday parties where there was a lot of holiday spirit and SPIRITS! Then of course there was Christmas. We had a wonderful non-paleo Christmas dinner. Although I made a delicious paleo roasted vegetable salad, which was a hit!

Cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, bell pepper, and butternut squash roasted in olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Chilled and served with Garlic Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette.

Then there was New Year's Eve. Another evening of gluttony. I gained back 6 out of the 11lbs I lost from September's Whole30. With the holidays I don't think that's too bad, but I am ready to eat clean and lose some of this unnecessary holiday weight!

I haven't been all bad since my last post. I competed in my first local CrossFit competition in the intermediate division on December 1st. That was great experience for me. My goal was to finish within the top 50%. I got "11th" place, but there were a few ties before me, so I really placed 15 out of 39 women. I was happy with that.

 Snatch

Leading up to the competition, I started training more on top of the 5 days per week I already go to class. 3 times per week a CrossFitter friend (and fellow competitor) and I would either stay after class or meet up before to work on strength or to do a conditioning WOD. Not only was I training more, I was eating more. But I was sticking to paleo foods and mostly only increased the amount of protein and healthy fats I was eating. While I was training I cut back on my cheats and alcohol consumption.

Squat Clean

Tomorrow I will share a few tips for those of you who are thinking about doing a Whole30 or are doing your first Whole30 this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment