Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Another Little Bit on Vegetables

Well it's Day 16, so Bob and I are halfway through our Whole 30! I am feeling pretty good too. I don't get ravenously hungry. My energy levels are restored. No more headache. Bob is feeling good too!


Another Little Bit on Vegetables:

Sometimes in the afternoon I steam broccoli and cauliflower for a snack. I put melted coconut oil and a little bit of sea salt or Himalayan pink salt on the veggies and they are so good. You may already know that cooking destroys the natural enzymes in vegetables. Alternatively, cooking vegetables makes them easier to digest. I personally, have a hard time digesting certain vegetables, especially broccoli, if they aren’t cooked enough. Cooking the vegetables in a healthy fat, such as olive oil or coconut oil, serves as a digestive lubricant in a sense. Your troubled tummy will thank you! Additionally, you actually NEED healthy fat to absorb most of the nutrients in the vegetables you eat, because those nutrients are fat-soluble.  So I say: Eat some of your vegetables raw and some of your vegetables cooked with a healthy fat every day and you will cover your bases!

No comments:

Post a Comment