Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 5: Carb Withdrawal Update



I felt better today. I ate more yesterday than I had the first 3 days. I probably ate more nuts than I should have. I also ate a LITTLE bit more dried fruit before I went to bed. Today I woke up feeling fine and decided not to wait so long for breakfast. I had about 2 ½ ounces of grass-fed bison steak med-rare (actually rare+) with an egg over easy. I love a bloody-yolky meal. I know -- I am a disgusting carnivore!




 It was a good amount of protein and healthy fat to start my day. I went to the noon CrossFit class again. Even though I wasn't feeling as weak today I still felt like I was running in slow motion. Despite struggling with the WOD again, I wasn’t floored for 15 -20 minutes after like I was yesterday.

I am wondering if I am feeling better, because I have been feeding my addiction with nuts and a little bit of fruit. Or if I made myself feel better by eating more food.

On a slightly different note, last night, which was the evening of day 4, the cravings kicked in. The first 3 days seemed kind of easy, to be honest. Bob and I were all amped up and ready to get started – excited about the delicious healthy food we were going to eat and how much better our bodies were going to feel (and look). But since last night, I would do almost anything for a craft beer. It might be because last night I spent 8 hours where everyone around me was drinking and having a great ol’ time. Those lucky bastards. Oh well. A couple people have told me that they have already noticed a difference in my body composition and it hasn’t even been a week yet. THAT is motivating.

While I am writing this Bob is slaving away in the kitchen. He is making a London broil. Look how pretty it looks. I can’t wait to see and eat it when it’s cooked!


2 comments:

  1. You should post his London Broil recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gary! Here it is: http://makyiaswhole30.blogspot.com/2013/01/recipe-bobs-london-broil.html?spref=fb

      Delete