Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Not So Fast Food Truck



Since it was a little bit cooler out today, I thought Bob and I should go on a hike or something. We decided to do one of the longer, more difficult trails at Balboa Park. We ended up at Balboa Park a little later than I was expecting. I started to grow tired as I felt the day’s endeavors -- a decent 20 minute morning WOD, errands, etc  -- and only having fuel from one meal (left over chicken curry) finally settle in my body. When we got there I told Bob that we should do a shorter trail. We followed trail 2, which is a little over 4 miles. It was a nice walk – no hike by any means. Oh well. We will have to do a hike soon.

Anyway, after our walk we went to Whole Foods in Hillcrest. The Not So Fast Food Truck is there every Wednesday night from 5-8pm. I thought it would be nice to not have to go home and cook dinner. Neither of us have eaten at the first ever paleo food truck. It’s pretty cool to be able to order off of a menu and not have to modify (although, some of the menu items come with high quality cheese).

We shared the tacos (with snapper, pico, and avocado), the turkey burger AKA El Pavo Diablo (with jalapenos, roasted red pepper, avocado, and aioli) and the sweet potato hash (with avocado and bacon). The tacos were okay – a little boring. I thought the turkey burger was awesome. Let me tell you, the aioli made my night. I love mayonnaise and I haven’t had any during the Whole 30, because a.) I’m too lazy to make my own and b.) if I did make it I would probably consume too much of it. The sweet potato hash was pretty good. Definitely get yours with avocado and bacon!

With those 3 items and 2 sparkling sodas, our meal cost about $30… kind of expensive. I mean, you get what you pay for, but unless you have a lot of money, this is a once and a while treat. Cooking and preparing healthy food for yourself or your family is obviously more affordable and it tastes just as good. Not having to cook every once in a while is good too though. This is only the second time I have eaten out during the Whole 30 and it was nice that this time I didn’t have to worry about the quality of the ingredients or that the questions I asked about the preparation of the food weren’t answered correctly.

I apologize for not having a picture. I brought my camera with every intention of taking a few pictures of our dinner. Once the food came I started chomping away and I forgot all about taking pictures for my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment